Nik Systems is a veteran-owned business process development company rooted in community life on the eastern shore of Lake Ontario.
We work side-by-side with small business teams to analyze, develop, deploy, and maintain business process solutions that create and sustain value for their organizations.
About Stewart Nicholas
Stewart Nicholas is a former military communicator, instructor, program manager, and a technical leader. A veteran of the Global War on Terror, Stewart pioneered deployment of the US Army’s Joint Network Node (JNN) communications system, during combat operations in Afghanistan. He served as a Joint Network Node section leader with the famed 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), before moving on to provide over a decade of service in the non-profit industry.
Stewart has worked with such notable organizations as Administrative Management Systems, Inc. (AMS, Inc.), the Window and Door Manufacturers Association (WDMA), and the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC). He is a spiritual leader in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and actively volunteers with the Boy Scouts of America.
Stewart has degrees in Information Technology and Information Systems from SUNY Empire State College, is a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) through Scrum Alliance and holds a career diploma in Wildlife Management and Forest Conservation from Penn Foster Career School.
A married father of two, Stewart lives with his family in Chaumont, New York. He is a conservationist, outdoor enthusiast, and artist who is inspired by exploring the wilds of Northern New York in his time away from the office
- NFRC FenStar Certification Program and Software Application. Engineered critical workflows, developed use-cases and specified controls that ensured the system supported the FenStar Certification Program while enforcing ISO/IEC 17065 Conformity assessment -Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes, and services international standard.
- NFRC Product and Project Management Office. Collaborated with key leaders at NFRC to develop product development processes based on Stage-Gate product development methodology, integrate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practice, and establish a Product and Project Management Office (PPMO).
- WDMA/NFRC Certification Program. Developed and implemented policies and quality control procedures that resulted in AMS, Inc.’s successful assumption of responsibility for the WDMA/NFRC Certification Program; within 90 days of start date with the company.
- Operation Enduring Freedom-Afghanistan. Provided technical oversight for and managed a Joint Network Node team, resulting in the success of a combined 5 Task Force team’s mission during combat operations. The team was awarded the Army Achievement Medal for their effort.
- Nodal Control Center Instructor. Provided Nodal Control Center instruction to over 250 Electronic Switching System Technicians annually at the U.S. Army Signal School. Received commendable ratings as the primary Nodal Control Center instructor during the course manager’s inspection of the training site.